Tuesday 9 January 2018

Travel tips


Hi everybody!
I’m Saru and I am responsible of the travel section. I will give you some tips and advises and I will talk about my experiences in the places I have been to.
First, I would like to talk about is the most difficult part about organizing a trip, the destination and the plane tickets. I am very curious, and I make a lot of researchs and follow a lot of Instagram profiles of cities or countries tourist offices as well as photographers or hashtags. Each time I see an interesting place, landmark, landscape, anything worth visiting, I tag it in Google Maps as “want to go” or “starred place”. When I save enough money, I choose a destination among the ones marked in the map. Then, I start to search through internet webpages about that destination to investigate about the prices, customs, traditions, etc.
Once I have read all of that, I look through different flight search engines to find out what are the cheapest companies that flight to that place (that kind of webpages used to make you pay a bit more for being the intermediaries) and what are the most common layovers. Once I write down all that information I start to search myself for similar flights in the low-cost companies’ sites. I used to travel with Norwegian, but I have also travelled with Ryanair and Transavia. I don’t like Transavia because it only allows you to travel with one piece of baggage and they doesn’t assure you that it will get in the cabin and they will make you check it in, making you pay for it. The good thing about Norwegian is that they have the ‘low-cost calendar’ and you can see where you can see the prices of the flight all the days of the month, allowing you to choose the cheapest.
I am from Spain, therefore the best airports from where to travel are Barcelona and Alicante, but I am from the north (Santander) so the best airport for me is Madrid, where I also can get cheap deals.
Norwegian is a Scandinavian enterprise (from Norway) so the cheapest flights they offer are to fennoscandinavia. Then, you can, for sure, find a cheap flight making a ‘layover’ (you buy separately both flights) in Oslo, Stockholm or Copenhagen. Thanks to this I went to Finland (buying Madrid-Stockholm, Stockholm-Helsinki and Helsinki-Madrid) for 120€ when a direct flight was 210€, almost 100€ cheaper.
Beware of the cookies! Your computer saves the cookies of the webpages you visit and, true fact, the prices rises each time you make the same search. So, I recommend you to delete the cookies each time before researching and to write down in a notebook the prices and the day of the week because, as many of you already know, it is cheaper to travel early in the morning or late in the day and in Tuesday and Thursday. Beware! I am talking about the best hour to travel, not the best time to buy the tickets! Ryanair uses a tool for the selling of tickets that vary the prices according to the demand. Therefore, to buy to Ryanair the best is to buy when people do not use the computer, I would venture to say that about 9/10 in the morning or 12/1 in the night.
Well, these are the tricks and tips I use when I buy plane tickets. I will upload more tips and advices for your trips.
Greetings!
Saru.

No comments:

Post a Comment